Welcome, Peter!

picture of peter

It has been quite a while but for a really good reason! Daniel and I had a baby boy!

Finding out we’re pregnant:

Last we talked Daniel and I were leaving for Rome in two days (don’t worry, I’ve still got our Rome trip post in the works). The next morning we found out I was pregnant. I don’t have any photos or videos of a cute way of telling my husband because we found out together. So that meant no wine for me in Rome and I was very exhausted during our trip. We still had a great time and I’m so glad we were able to go.

Pregnant during quarantine:

We heard about COVID-19 while we were over in Rome so Daniel and I were aware and prepared for what was coming but in March everything shut down. This made being pregnant very weird. It was a strange time to be pregnant for the first time and I almost feel like I didn’t get the “full experience.” However, because we couldn’t go anywhere and my job switched to working from home I was really able to have a lot of rest.

The first trimester I had extreme fatigue and some nausea but no actual sickness. I also bloated right away, meaning before even any baby bump I couldn’t fit into my normal jeans. I felt almost like myself the second trimester and focused on working out. My skin suffered horribly the first trimester but cleared up (and has stayed clear!) since then. The third trimester I lost a lot of energy but did go crazy nesting and organizing everything. Our families helped us so much getting stuff ready for Peter and letting us celebrate with COVID-19 appropriate baby showers.

The longest labor…

I went to the hospital the Wednesday of my 35th week of pregnancy. We were there for over 24 hours and was admitted due to having some preterm labor contractions. I went home the next day when I didn’t progress but continued to have contractions for two weeks. Then the Wednesday morning at 2 am of my 37th week of pregnancy my water broke. Daniel and I were at the hospital and at 3:34 p.m. …

Peter was born!

We went home 24 hours later. The first couple of weeks were hard as I healed and we got used to being a family of three. Things have settled into a routine and I return to work next week. We love our handsome boy! Also, we’re so lucky to have such an amazing photographer. Check out Lyndsey if you’re in the DFW area!

Stay tuned for more soon!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.